The 2009 Major League Baseball Draft selections include four Kentucky Wildcats, the fourth consecutive season in with four or more Cats were drafted.
Over the last four drafts, 22 Wildcats have been selected, including seven who went in the fifth round or better.
The Toronto Blue Jays picked Paxton in Tuesday’s supplemental first round, 37th overall.
The Chicago Cubs took Rusin in Wednesday’s fourth round, 140th overall.
Shortstop Chris Wade, a third-year sophomore shortstop out of Lexington Christian Academy, was picked by the Florida Marlins in 11th round.
The Colorado Rockies selected junior right-hander Clint Tilford in the 31st round.
UK signees who were selected:
* RHP Steven Inch (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada), sixth round, Phillies;
* RHP Jordan Cooper (Shelbyville, Tenn.), 17th round, Pirates;
* RHP Keith Butler (Morgantown/Butler County), 24th round, Cardinals;
* LHP Taylor Rogers (Littleton, Colo.), 37th round, Orioles;
* RHP Sam Kidd (Hartford/Ohio County), 39th round, Phillies;
* C Luke Maile (Crestview Hills/Covington Catholic), 43rd round, Red Sox;
* CF Brian Adams (Cumming, Ga.), 45th round, Reds.
Adams is a UK football signee, projected as a receiver after having played primarily at quarterback in high school. He is considering playing both football and baseball for UK.