From Jack C. Riley Park in Owensboro, we’re down to the last two games of the day in the Rawlings/KHSAA Softball State Tournament.
In elimination games, Greenwood is taking on Ryle, while North Laurel is facing Lone Oak.
Tonight’s winners will meet in the losers’ bracket semifinals, Saturday at 9 a.m. CT (10 ET).
At the same time, Boyle County will play Mercy in the winners’ bracket finals.
Losers’ bracket finals are set for 11 a.m. CT (noon ET). A potential final game will be played at 1 p.m. CT. If necessary, another game would immediately follow.
* Lone Oak scores twice in the bottom of the first; now leads North Laurel 2-0 in the second.
No score in the first between Ryle and Greenwood.
* North Laurel answers with two runs in the top of the second, tying Lone Oak 2-2.
Ryle and Greenwood are scoreless in the second inning.
* Greenwood has taken a 2-0 lead over Ryle through four complete innings.
North Laurel leads Lone Oak 3-2 in the middle of the fifth.
* Lone Oak has rallied for three runs and is still batting in the sixth, now leading North Laurel 5-3.
Greenwood leads Ryle 2-0 in the sixth.
* Greenwood polishes off a 2-0 victory over Ryle. Both runs scored on Aeron Smith’s third-inning double.
Meanwhile, Lone Oak leads North Laurel 5-3 in the seventh inning.
* North Laurel scores five runs in the top of the seventh to take an 8-5 lead over Lone Oak.
The Jaguars were down to their final strike when Blake Johnson drove a two-out, two-strike, three-run triple to deep right field, giving the Jaguars a 7-5 lead. She later scored the eighth run.
* Lone Oak rallies with four runs in the bottom of the seventh to edge North Laurel 9-8.
Jacqueline Roof’s two-out, two-run double seals the win. Lone Oak will face Greenwood in Saturday’s semifinals of the losers’ bracket.