The final events go to the Louisville Collegiate boys and Bishop Brossart girls in the 4-by-400 relays.
Collegiate clocks 3:28.23, trailed by Fort Campbell in 3:28.48.
Brossart’s girls hit the finish line in 4:08.97, followed by St. Henry in 4:09.40.
Final standings for the boys have Louisville Holy Cross with 91, Fort Campbell with 67 and Bishop Brossart with 48 3/4. Lexington Christian ties for 15th with 18 points.
* With 17 of 18 boys’ events scored, Louisville Holy Cross has an insurmountable 91-59 lead over Fort Campbell.
Monroe County’s Tanner Kendall wins the long jump (20-11).
*Newport Central Catholic wins the girls’ team championship with 84 1/2 points. Sayre takes second place with 56, followed by St. Henry with 53 1/4. Lexington Christian and Danville tie for ninth place with 28.
Late winners include Brandi Jones, Ballard Memorial, triple jump (35-3 1/2); Morgan McIntyre, Fairview, pole vault (9-6); and Brianna McCarthy, Beechwood, discus (meet-record 125-9).
* Sayre gets a 1-2 finish in the 3,200 meters from Ann Eason and Maddox Patterson. Eason finishes in 11:15.00, Patterson in 11:31.88.
Asha Powell of Mayfield takes the 200 in 26.23.
With 15 of 18 girls’ events scored, Newport Central Catholic leads Sayre 79 1/2-53.
* Louisville Holy Cross’ Jacob Thomson wins his third event of the day, leading teammate Dominic Perronie to a 1-2 finish in the 3,200 meters. Thomson finishes in 9:50.08, Perronie in 9:53.67.
* Moments after a photo finish in the girls’ 800, the boys come up with an encore.
Jacob Thomson of Louisville Holy Cross edges Zac Holtkamp of Bishop Brossart by two-thousandths of a second in 1:58.927. Officially, both runners cross the line in 1:58.93, only to be separated by a closer look at photo.
With 16 of 18 boys’ events scored, Louisville Holy Cross holds an 85-58 lead over Fort Campbell.
Andy Klaassen of Whitefield Academy slips past Frankfort’s Georan Cardwell in the 200, 22.94 to 23.23.
Other recent winners: Justin Mahoney, Owensboro Catholic, pole vault (13-0); Reed Cohen, Kentucky Country Day, discus (151-0).
* In a stunning finish between two seniors, Owen County’s Danielle Hoop nips Sayre’s Ann Eason in the girls’ 800 meters.
Both runners are clocked in 2:21.79. A closer look at the photo finish shows Hoop crossed the line in 2:21.782, five-thousandths of a second ahead of Eason (2:21.787). Ashley Svec of St. Henry takes third in 2:23.32, followed by Lexington Christian’s Maddie Boone in 2:24.92.
Murray’s Catherine Claywell is the girls’ high jump winner, clearing 5-4.
With 14 of 18 girls’ events scored, Newport Central Catholic leads Sayre 70 1/2-53.
* With 10 of 18 girls’ events scored, Newport Central Catholic leads Bishop Brossart 44-33. Murray is third with 31, followed by Sayre with 27.
Recent winners: Diamond Pace, Danville, 300-meter hurdles (47.01); Brandi Jones, Ballard Memorial, long jump (16-10); Randi Norris, Glasgow, 400 (58.90); Brianna McCarthy, Beechwood, shot put (34-9 1/4).
* With 11 of 18 events scored, Louisville Holy Cross leads the boys’ standings with 55 points. Fort Campbell is second with 41.
Lexington Christian’s 4-by-100 relay team of Adam Hilton, Christian Fielden, Christian Foster and Chad Snyder won in 44.22, followed by Fort Knox in 44.43.
Other recent winners: JuJuan Grant, Fort Campbell, 400 (50.50); Greg Johnson, Louisville Holy Cross, 300-meter hurdles (41.05); and Victor Hampton, Russellville, high jump (6-2).
* Danville’s Kaitlin Snapp came from behind on the last straightaway to edge Sayre’s Ann Eason in the girls’ 1,600 meters, 5:03.03 to 5:03.52.
More girls’ winners: Diamond Hines, Russellville, 100 (12.82); Mayfield, 4-by-100 relay (50.84); Newport Central Catholic, 4-by-200 relay (1:47.27).
* More boys’ winners: Donovan Burton, Green County, 100 (11.24); Jacob Thomson, Louisville Holy Cross, 1,600 (4:27.64); Glasgow, 4-by-200 relay (1:32.36); and Alex Hill, Ballard Memorial, triple jump (42-5 1/2).
* The quick hurdle-race results are in.
McLean County’s David Burden takes the boys’ 110-meter highs in 15.57. Bishop Brossart’s Melanie Fleissner is first in the girls’ 100-meter hurdles, clocking 16.66.
* Bishop Brossart wins the boys’ 800-meter relay in 8:18.64, followed by St. Henry in 8:21.03. The winning quartet: Michael Caldwell, Jack Foster, Zac Holtkamp and Brett Evans.
* From Owsley Frazier Cardinal Park at the University of Louisville, here are Friday’s early results in the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s State Track and Field Meet.
The Sayre foursome of Philippine Couturier, Bea Cameron, Maddox Patterson and Ann Eason take the girls’ 4-by-800-meter relay in 9:58.83. Lexington Christian finishes a strong second in 10:07.61.
Matt Deese of Murray wins the boys’ shot put with a distance of 48-10.